Monday, March 9, 2009

One Sided...

a writing exercise from http://picturespoetryprose.blogspot.com/

The phone is ringing... answer it and tell the story with one side of the conversation.




Um... hello?

No, you've got the wrong number I think.

I have no idea to be honest...

No no, this is a telephone booth.

No - Y-yeah, American.. yeah...

Uh well, lots of grass and some sheep and uh...

-well, we were trying to get to a friend's place so we took a bus and they said this was their last stop...

Yeah, I know... I'm sorry, who is this?

Hello?

Oh Charlie! You ass!! When did you learn to do such a good accent?! Come get us!!!




I went back a few days later and wrote up the other side... Enjoy.


'Ello govna! Is this Scotland Yaad?

Well, where am I cawlin' then?

Is this your home telly?

You've got quite an accent, love! You arn't from 'ere are ye? You sound loik yer from America!

Well, if yer nawt Scotland Yaad and yer not on yer home telly, where in bloody blazes am I callin?

Blimey, love, yer in the middle of nowhere! How did you get there?

Oy, ya must nawt be thinkin' too kindly on good ol' England roit now, are ye? Wasn't very noice of him to drop you off loik that.

::laughs::

I'm sorry, Lil, I can't keep that up...

::laughing:: Alright alright, I'm at a pub right down the road. I tipped off the bus driver to drop you off a stop early. I'll see you in a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment