Friday, January 24, 2003

I'm Sorry

This one was written for an ex boyfriend. He's not in my life anymore.

i'm sorry
i'm sorry
it's all i ever hear
what's everyone so sorry for?
it's not like i can feel.

my feelings
my feelings
they think that i'm so weak
how can they say i have no feelings?
when there's dropplets on my cheek

the tears
the tears
they're falling from my eyes
who's to say it doesn't hurt?
i can't stand all these lies

my heart
my heart
i can't take it anymore
when is all the pain to stop?
i'm sick of playing whore

a whore
a whore
i gave my life for men
where else can i find love i need?
but they always pretend

a fake
a fake
that's all they ever were
why didn't i see it at first?
but now my life is over

my life
my life
there's nothing you can say
except that you were sorry
that you treated me that way

Cynthia Smallwood
1/24/03

No comments:

Post a Comment